Monday, November 16, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Here is the poem that goes with the doll:
Here are the steps I took:
I used a pattern from Circle of Crafters
- Photo album
- Fabric (about half a yard, depending on album size)
- Batting (loose in a bag, not flat like cloth)
- Cardboard (to hide the inside covers & to make the photo frame on outside)
- Decorative ribbon
- Hot glue gun
Patty made this one for me:
Monday, September 7, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I decided to make another quilt, and this time to push myself to learn new things. I borrowed a beginners quilting book from the library and search through it for new tricks.
Here are some tips I found especially helpful:
- Even up the edges of the fabric before you start
- Press your fabric before cutting out the shapes. DO NOT iron. Pressing (not moving the iron across the fabric) prevents the fabric from stretching and becoming uneven.
- Once two pieces have been sewn together, press the seam under the darker fabric to avoid shadows.
- When doing a "pillow-style finish" trim the corners of all fabrics off after sewing them together (don't get too close to the stiches!).
With this quilt I am also following a pattern, a first for me! It is going okay so far. Here is what the pattern is supposed to look like when I'm done.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Unfortunately, I couldn't grab the image from the website linked above, but here is a similar idea from The Creative Crate. It could even be used to show photos, or hang notes. Too cute!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Here are pictures of how it turned out:
Monday, July 20, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
I hope you enjoy all of our crafts!