Friday, October 9, 2009

Damnit Doll

Check out the Damnit Doll I made for a friend. I gave her in a wine bottle gift box.


Here is the poem that goes with the doll:
DAMMIT DOLL
When you want to climb the wall,
And stand right up and shout.
There's a little Dammit doll
You cannot do without.
Just grasp it firmly by the legs,
And find a place to slam it.
And as you whack the stuffing out
Yell Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!
If Dammit's not a word you say
Then twist its little neck
And grumble out repeatedly
Oh Heck, Oh Heck, Oh Heck!
And once your done abusing it
Just sit it on the shelf.
But hug it first, as I'd hug you
If I were there myself.




Here are the steps I took:

Cut out arms and legs.


I used a pattern from Circle of Crafters


I stuffed the limbs



All stuffed!




Sewed up the holes I left for stuffing





Ta-da!



Attached the button eyes



Sewed the arms to the front of the body



Careful not to prick your finger!




Sew on the legs




Sew on the hair



Sew closed the body,
leaving room to turn it right-side out




Once you turn it right-side out,
stuff it and close the hole


Enjoy!
I got my inspiration from Old Fashion Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment